Friday 18 February 2011

BOOK 9/150

From Notting Hill...With Love Actually- Ali McNamara

A brilliant girlie novel centred around Scarlett, a movie obsessed woman who relates every event in her life to a film. She moves to London to house sit a property in Notting Hill leaving behind her sensible boyfriend David. Whilst in London she searches for the mother she has never met and she also meets a number of new friends on the way. I don't really want to say much more about it as I will give too much away.

There isn't a huge amount of plot to the book and it is very predictable but I absolutely loved it. It made me want to get out my film collection and visit all the places in London that are mentioned. The book even comes with a guide to London at the end and holds the details of the places Scarlett visits in the book and her favourite films and where they took place.

A light and frivolous read that will appeal to chick-lit fans and chick-flick watchers alike.

I am going to give this 4/5. At present this is the author's only book but it has definitely left me waiting for the next book which is released later on this year.

-Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment