Wednesday 16 February 2011

BOOK 6/150

Love Always

LOVE ALWAYS - HARRIET EVANS

Harriet is one of my favourite authors of all time and I have loved every single one of her books. She also happens to be a complete legend is absolutely lovely on twitter! But, back to the book; Love Always has not disappointed at all. When I received the book I was quite surprised at the size of it! It’s a pretty hefty book, but with an absolutely gorgeous cover that just made me want to jump straight into it.

The subject matter of the book actually surprised me quite a lot, I was expecting another very romance centric book, which don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love, but this was something very different. There are moments of beautiful romance but there is much more to the book than that. It is about family dynamics and secrets and the life changing effects that they can have. There’s an element of the crime mystery in the book and a lot of underlying secrets to discover which all wind together very cleverly.

I don’t think I can actually fault this book at all. It surprised and shocked me in all the right ways and even managed to give me that warm fuzzy feeling we all search for. Finally, Harriet’s descriptions of that part of London are absolutely fantastic and actually caused me to take a trip over that way on Sunday. I explored the delights of Spitalfields markets and even bought a necklace while I was there in tribute to Natasha.

If you’re looking to explore chick lit a bit more I’d really recommend this, as it has some elements of it but has a great serious side as well with some gripping passages. The use of the diary of young Cecily is also very interesting and really contrasts nicely with Natasha’s narration and yet compliments it at the same time. This book is all round good stuff and I’m going to be lending it to all my friends.

5/5 stars again for me here! I’m a roll!

------

Also, we don't seem to be doing too badly with our target and I believe we've actually read more than we've reviewed so far! I've also got a HUGE backlog of things to read but have been focusing a lot more on uni books at the moment as I'm sure we all have.

My next two book reviews to look forward to will be Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro & You Don't Have To Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning

I'm also really interested to know what books anyone would recommend to me at the moment. Is there anyone out there dying to give us some recommendations, because we'll definitely try and follow them up.

I'm also thinking of trying to organise a little giveaway of some sort, so let me know if you'd be interested in that too.

And, FINALLY, if you're liking the blog, please follow us so we can know who's out there and try and catch up with your blogs too!

Thanks, Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment