Friday 18 February 2011

BOOK 7/150

I Heart New York-Lindsey Kelk

It has been a few weeks now since I finished this so apologies for only just getting round to reviewing it now. This is a typical chick-lit book and was brilliant for a bit of light reading around the time of my university exams.

The story focuses on Angela Clarke, a woman who flees the UK after discovering her fiance had been cheating on her. All of this takes place on the day of her best friends wedding who also knew about the affair. Feeling betrayed she boards a plane to New York in just the bridesmaid dress she was wearing, with a pair of Louboutin shoes and her passport. It is a story of self-discovery and moving on which is told in a light-hearted manner. She soon finds herself writing a blog on her life in NYC and the two guys that she is dating.

This would make the perfect beach read however since it's been a few weeks since I have read it I feel rather underwhelmed by the book. This said I would probably read the other books in the series as a bit of relaxation and I can be quite sure that fans of chick lit will love this book.

I'm going to give it 3/5 and say that to read another one I would have to be in the mood for it. Check out review number one of the blog though as this includes Carly's review of I Heart Paris, the final book from the same series.

-Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment