Wednesday 19 January 2011

BLOGGER TWO: Sophie



NAME: Sophie. Otherwise known as Soph, Shizzle, or Sid (thanks to Tom).
UNI: Aberystwyth University.
COURSE: English Literature BA.
FAVOURITE GENRE: As a student of English Literature, I read an eclectic mix of genres for my course, but currently I have three real faves. Firstly Jane Austen novels as I think they’re escapist which I love, plus the romantic side, no one can resist a Mr Darcy right? Secondly, historic novels by author’s such as Phillipa Gregory and Alison Weir. My favourite historical period would have to be the Tudor reign. And lastly chic lit novels are always a winner, and never cease to leave me in a happier mood than when I’d started reading them.
THE BOOK YOU WOULD MOST RECOMMEND AT THE MOMENT: Well, I’ve just finished reading A Weekend with Mr Darcy by Victoria Connelly which was fabby! I loved it because it was based on two women who were complete opposites finding the meaning of true love while at an Austen weekend in Hampshire. Firstly it made me desperately want to go on an Austen weekend, and secondly it was all lovely and romantic. I would also recommend any books by Phillipa Gregory as her descriptive writing, which is based around fact really transports you to Tudor England.
OTHER INTERESTS: I adore anything to do with performing arts whether it’s dancing, singing or acting. Dancing is my first passion in life, so I always try to see ballets whether its performed by professionals or amateurs. I love musical theatre as well, and unfortunately don’t get to see a massive amount of west end shows, but I always try to have a sneeky night out to one if I’m around a theatre! A new interest of mine is folk music, which I find mesmerising. Also love writing hence why I’m an English student and I would love to become an author or freelance book editor one day!
ANY OTHER NIFTY INFO: I attempt to do the odd bit of knitting, but I won’t lie, I’m starting to fail dramatically! You can find me on twitter, muttering away to the world wide web about my daily musings: www.twitter.com/sophieshizzle

Peace & Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment