Wednesday 6 July 2011

BISCUITS - Fox's Chunkie Extremely Chocolatey Cookies!

So, this blog is called Books and Biscuits for a reason!!! It was originally a name that Hayley and I came up with for a book group at school which we decided to carry on here. The three of us love our biscuits.

My favourite is probably some sort of double chocolate massive fat cookie or those ones you get from Lidl which are rectangular and have a chocolate top! Although shortbread would have to come as a close second....

Not that I ever get to eat the shortbread from a selection because that is Sophie's favourite, and she has been known to fiercely guard her good old fashioned scottish biccies with a vengeance and is not afraid to use physical violence to get me out of the way where they are concerned. I hasten to add this is only the case with shortbread....she's lovely to me all the rest of the time!

Hayley also has a bit of a dilemma for her favourite, as she can't decide between a good old cookie like me, or a more traditional bourbon.

Luckily the laws of this land don't limit us to only one kind of biscuit so we can....and we do, enjoy all these different types. A massive armchair, a cup of coffee or tea, a good old biscuit and a book are one of the greatest pleasures in life. So here, on this blog we are going to celebrate our favourite biscuits and our new discoveries and let you in on our biscuity secrets.

This weeks featured biscuits (hee! Feel like I should congratulate it...!) are Fox's Chunkie Extremely Chocolatey Cookies....which are only £1 in Tesco at the moment. AMAZING. Wish I'd bought more than one packet.....me..? Greedy? Never.


They're huge, have massive pieces of chocolate and nut in them and one side is covered in chocolate....what more can you ask for??? Having said that, I think it's actually possible to get even more chocolately ones as well so I shall have to hunt them down!

I hope we've helped give you a craving to settle down with a book and a biscuit today and I hope you're awaiting our next biscuit rec eagerly. I shall see if I can get Hayley to do some of her amazing home-made ones and post the recipe! Ooooh! Look forward to it!

Char x

No comments:

Post a Comment